Moving is stressful. From packing your items to transferring your utilities, you’ll likely have too much to do. Instead of trying to do everything yourself, hire a residential moving company near you. A residential moving company can help you plan your move better. A professional mover can help avoid last-minute hassles and ensure a stress-free move.
Not all moving companies are created equal. Some companies make tall claims but are unable to deliver the quality of service they boast about. Luckily, there are still many moving companies that have the experience, knowledge, and capabilities to deliver a fantastic moving experience.
Here are some ways to find a trustworthy, reliable mover near you.
Explore Your Options
Visit the websites of local providers and take a look at the list of services they offer. Go through their blog and articles to look at the quality of their content. Look for a provider that regularly uploads content to their website designed to be helpful to people who are moving. Go through customer testimonials and reviews to gain a sense of how the company works.
When evaluating a mover, visit their social media pages to check what people are talking about the business. Read reviews posted on reliable third-party review websites like Yelp, BBB, and Google Business Profile.
Talk to Friends and Family
If a friend or family member has recently moved, ask them:
- About their experience working with their mover and packer
- If everything went smoothly or there were hiccups along the way
- What services were included in their package
- If they would hire the company again
Talk to References
Ask the mover you are considering to provide references and reach out to those references. Here are some questions to ask the mover’s references during an interview:
- What steps did the provider’s team take to ensure the safety of your items?
- Did the team arrive on time?
- How was the provider’s attitude? Did they answer all of your questions?
- Did your items arrive safely?
- Did the mover and packer have insurance?
- Would you recommend them to a friend or family member?
Once you have narrowed down the list of movers, call them to schedule an interview. The purpose of an interview is to gauge the expertise of the mover. Before you meet a mover, create a questionnaire.
Here are some questions to include in your questionnaire:
- Do you have liability insurance?
- What are your payment terms?
- What steps do you take to protect items in transit?
- What tools and equipment do you use?
Get Everything in Writing
Before finalizing a mover, check their license and insurance. Once you have confirmed the validity of their license, get everything in writing. Make sure the service contract outlines the terms and conditions of the agreement.
It should clearly explain the scope of work and should include a list of services the provider has promised to offer. There should be a section or subsection that lists any additional charges.
Schultz Bros Vans and Storage is a leading moving company serving Santa Rosa. If you want to relocate to another city or country, we can ensure a smooth, hassle-free move regardless of the distance. To learn more, call us today at (707) 546-1616.