Whether you are moving to another city or country, work with a residential moving company in Santa Rosa to develop a moving plan. An effective plan can help ensure a smooth, hassle-free move. We are sure you know that moving is a stressful life event, but did you also know these interesting facts about moving and moving companies?
- The moving industry in the United States employs more than 114,000 people. Most moving companies are local businesses.
- It is mandatory that professional movers provide clients with the booklet “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.” Created by the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration, the booklet explains what customers can expect from their moving company and what they should do to help ensure a smooth, hassle-free move.
- Small moving companies handle around 44% of household moves. Larger moving companies with a national footprint handle around 38% of corporate moves. Around 50% of these moves occur in the summer months.
- Around 3 million moves occurring every year are interstate moves.
- The average American moves more than 11 times in their lifetime.
- Friday is the most popular day for moving, whereas Sunday is the least popular day to move.
- 50% of all relocations in the country occur between the beginning of May and Labor Day.
- Almost 40% of all moves occurring in the country are job-related, 42% are related to personal reasons, and the remaining 18% of moves are government or military relocations.
- A typical household move involves moving 6,500 pounds of household items on average.
- Around 40 million Americans move every year. That’s almost 12% of America’s population!
- Women tend to move more than men.
- Winter is the least popular time of the year to move. Since demand for moving services is low during this time of the year, many moving companies are happy to offer discounts.
- Tenants move more than property owners.
Tips For a Smooth Move
It’s easy for you to feel overwhelmed when moving. After all, there are so many things you need to do. Reduce moving stress by prioritizing and staying organized. Do the little things right, and you will do well.
Here are our top tips for a smooth move.
- Start packing immediately after finalizing a move date.
- Get rid of the items you no longer use or need.
- Use sturdy moving boxes.
- Request your utility company and other service providers update your address in their records.
- Compile your important documents and keep them with you.
Schultz Brothers Van & Storage is a renowned moving company in Santa Rosa. We are equipped to handle national as well as interstate moves. Need help planning your move? To get started, call (707) 546-1616.