The coronavirus pandemic has turned life upside down. Social distancing, a term unheard of before the outbreak, has become the new normal. There is a lot of information, and it’s changing daily.
Even in these testing times, businesses and families may want to relocate. If you are planning a move during the COVID-19 outbreak, you may want to follow these tips to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
Choose Your Moving Company Carefully
Before you hire a mover in Sonoma County, ask them:
- What precautions are they taking to keep their staff and customers safe
- Whether they recommend any measures you should take before, during, and after the move
- Whether they have a list of FAQs about planning a move that you can review before scheduling your move with them
Allow One Person to Take Charge of the Move
If you have a family, appoint a person to oversee the relocation. Make sure only this person is present at home on a moving day.
Other family members must move out of the home before your movers arrive and must not return until the move is complete. This will lessen the risk of social contact. The person in charge of the move must follow social distancing norms, sanitize hands frequently, and use a face mask.
Keep Necessary Supplies by Your Side
During the move, keep disinfecting wipes, sanitizers, soaps, and paper towels by your side. Make sure everyone washes their hands frequently. Properly dispose of paper towels after use. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, vehicle doors, ramps, faucets, and appliances.
Deep Clean Your New Home Before and After Your Move
Deep clean your new home before the day of your move. Once your items arrive at the new home and the moving team leaves, disinfect and sanitize your belongings. Follow these tips to deep clean your new home:
- Clean highly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, tables, light switches, countertops, and keyboards using disposable disinfecting wipes. Dispose of wipes properly after use
- Clean the floor and areas where germs hide, such as toilet seats and sinks, using an EPA-approved cleaning product
- Clean personal items that are most frequently touched during a move. Typical examples include handbags, wallets, and credit cards
- Thoroughly clean carpets and couches
- Clean appliances and gadgets
Are you planning a move during the COVID-19 outbreak? Experts at Schultz Brothers Van & Storage, Inc will make sure safety does not take a backseat. We take several precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and customers. We follow CDC guidelines and have implemented various measures to minimize the risk of social contact. To talk to a moving expert, call us at 707-546-1616.