Before Your Move
- Have power and gas turned on at your new location before your move.
- Arrange to switch home phone service after one day of being in your new location.
- Disconnect any audio visual equipment.
- Disconnect your washer and/or dryer.
- Disconnect any gas appliances.
- Disconnect water lines from icemakers and refrigerators.
- If you have houseplants on a local move, don’t water the day of your move.
- Make sure there’s ample parking for the moving truck at both locations.
- Try to consider beforehand where you would like furniture arranged in your new home.
- You can leave clothing in your dresser drawers, but only clothing as anything else will fall out when the dresser is moved.
- Consider moving small personal items such as jewelry, currency or small heirlooms yourself in your vehicle.
- All boxes should be securely closed with sturdy box tape along the top and bottom.
- Label boxes by room so delivering your boxes to the correct place in your new home goes quickly as well as unpacking!
- For multiple destinations, Schultz Bros. has a colored label system available for free!
- Any boxes containing breakable items should say “Fragile.”
- You can use linens to fill in extra space in boxes.
- When packing china or dishes, please note that all plates, saucers or shallow soup bowls should be paper wrapped and packed on edge.
- Also, any framed photo, mirror or glass shelf/table top should also be packed on edge, never flat.
- Our Dish pack box is great for knickknack and figurine collections as well as china, stemware and serve ware.
- Please remember it is illegal for us to move flammable items such as propane, lighter fluid, aerosol cans or any toxic chemical or cleaner.